Monday, January 19, 2009

Crochet Shawl Pattern

This is my first attempt at writing a pattern for crochet. It is a very simple easy pattern.

I am using two strands held together, bother are a light sports weight. You can adjust this pattern to go with any kind of yarn I think by just adding or decreasing rows. If you are using a bulky or super bulky weight yarn, one strand would do fine. I am using a P/11.50 mm crochet hook.

To start chain 4, then sl stitch in the first ch to form a ring

Row 1
*SC into the center of the ring, DC into the center of the ring* repeat 2 times, then finish with a SC and chain 3, CH will be the first DC in the next row
Row 2
SC into same stitch as the CH, *DC in next stitch, SC in following stitch* Repeat until last stitch, DC in the chain 3 space and SC in same space, chain 3 turn.

Repeat row 2 until shawl has reached the size you are looking for.

You can add fringe or tassels, or any edging that you like to finish the shawl, or nothing at all.

I will post pic once mine is complete.
If I have made any mistakes, let me know, very first time at trying to write a pattern.

Blog Flux Local - Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment